Hey guys! Sorry that I haven’t posted a blog in a while but I have been so caught up with school, it has been crazy! Many of you have been asking me how I do long distance and in this blog I will be giving you some tips in how to make it work. I have been dating my boyfriend for 3 years now and I have many friends that think long distance isn’t possible and that it is not worth the try but my boyfriend and I have been doing long distance for a year and a half now, so believe me it is very possible! I hope these tips help you and your relationship stay strong as ever.
1. It’s the little things – A hand written letter or a random text saying how much they mean to you goes a long way. Little things like that really do make a difference and makes you feel appreciated and loved.
2. Plan trips ahead of time – Some people might say go with the flow and see what happens but with long distance its best to plan ahead. Planning ahead is a perfect way to make time for the other person because we all know how busy we can get with school and work. Even if it’s the smallest trip to plan DO IT anyways.
3. Facetime / Skype – This is my favorite thing to do. Talking to your lover after a long hard day and telling them about your day really makes you feel better, it also makes you feel connected even if you aren’t next to each other.
(Can we just talk about how cute my boyfriend’s puppy is… oh yeah he’s pretty cute too;)
4. Study together – Even if you are not in the same classes together your boyfriend/girlfriend might have taken one of the classes you are in and can help you get that A. For example, my boyfriend and I are in the same math class and he helps me with whatever I am having troubles with because he’s amazing at math and… I HATE math… but I’m not the only one right?
5. Communication – You probably have heard of this a lot but communication is KEY. If you are feel down or something is wrong, tell your lover! Be straight up and tell them how you feel, holding something back is not worth it! Believe me!
6. Plan for the future – Talk about your future together even if it’s only for the next year or even for the long run, talking about it is always a great way to see where long distance is taking you and will have you looking forward to something amazing.
I know it can be really hard sometimes but it will all be with it at the end. Always remember that you are doing it because you love each other. I recommend listening to “Walking the Wire” by imagine dragons when you are feeling down and missing your lover because you are walking the wire everyday and you will do “whatever it takes” (Another imagine dragons song… I didn’t do that on purpose I promise!) for love.
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” ~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-8